While we were attending the FMCA Rally in Perry, GA in March, Doug realized we needed some fire protection in the motorhome. He ordered automatic extinguishers for in the engine compartment and the refrigerator compartment. The refrigerator is the leading cause of fire in motorhomes since it has the propane option. We also replanned our escapes from each area of the motorhome and practiced opening the escape windows.
In the first photo below, you are looking from the outside of the coach and it shows the new extinguisher mounted in the refrigerator compartment.
In the following photo, it shows the extinguisher that Doug mounted in the rear engine compartment. You are looking from behind and outside the coach over the engine to the fire extinguisher.
We hope we never have to use these, but if so then they will give us the extra time to get out safely.
- Nada and Doug
- Welcome to the travels of Doug and Nada. We love the Lord and are traveling full-time in our motorhome with our German Shepherd, Homer. Homer is the star attraction wherever we stop and he gets us talking and sharing with many people. DON'T FORGET: YOU CAN ENLARGE EACH PHOTO BY CLICKING ON THE PHOTO! The newest blog post is at the top and they go back in time as you scroll down. If you want to see each photo larger, you can just click on the photo and it will enlarge. If you decide to leave a comment, don't forget to sign it so we know who left it. ;-) Folks: This site is under continual construction as we travel and see this beautiful country. Check back for more updates and photos. Thanks for visiting with us! May God bless your day!